Our client, a leading metal specialist within the heavy engineering industry are looking for a HSE Assistant to join their existing team to help assist the HSE Manager with their general day to day duties, to include but not limited to:
· Assisting the Health and Safety Manager with Health and Safety monitoring activities.
· Assisting the Health and Safety Officer and Manager with the management of fire safety throughout the buildings.
· Assisting in Health and Safety audits and produce audit reports and follow up any actions.
· Liaising closely with the Facilities Management team to manage issues relating to the facilities service provision, and specifically waste disposal, buildings, fire safety equipment, electrical testing and safety audit non-compliances.
· Providing clerical support to the Health and Safety Manager.
· Assisting the Health and Safety Manager to maintain and coordinate the online training software.
· Assisting in the identification of need and preparation of risk assessments, compliance and training of staff, with particular reference to machine risk assessments, manual handling, working at height, and display screen equipment.
· Reviewing and recording checks on all fire exits, fire and fire equipment, and fire signs.
· Reviewing relevant safety signage within all areas.
· Reviewing and recording the First Aid and spill kit provision across local TDL sites.
· Reviewing environmental regular audits
In return our client offers an excellent salary package, holidays and other annual incentives.
The salary for this role is up for discussion and dependent on experience.