I have the pleasure of recruiting a Group Financial Controller for a large privately owned manufacturing business located in Northumberland.
Reporting to the Financial Director, you will lead a team of accountants responsible for the management of financial information to the board.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of the group finance teams and overseeing the monthly and quarterly financial reporting and balance sheet management, as well as AP and AR teams
- Managing relationships with 3rd party advisors including group insurers, auditors and pension providers
- Improve KPI reporting, analysis and interpretation of performance data and forecast results, and preparation of subsequent trend analysis
- Acting as a deputy to the CFO and performing the role of a leader in the business, ensuring the team are motivated and engaged, and ensuring external relationships are managed effectively
- Project management of key strategic and growth work streams, such as SAP roll-out, build out of the accounting function, ensuring systems, processes and procedures are coherently aligned across the international business and well documented
- Ensuring effective controls are in place and accounting practices are aligned with relevant and up to date accounting standards
- Fostering a culture of continuous systems improvement
- Having direct visibility with our investors
- Qualified ACA or ACMA Accountant, with at least 5 years post-qualification experience in industry
- Working knowledge of UK GAAP, taxation and financial reporting requirements
- US GAAP experience is not essential but would be useful