Solutions Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant within the Newcastle area.
Ideally candidates should be AAT qualified or QBE.
- Ensuring all activities comply with VAT regulations and statutory requirements, and that purchases subject to VAT are recorded correctly.
- Ensure correct allocation of expenses is assigned to budget holders and relevant budget, so accurate records of budget expenditure are achieved.
- Input of all cash book invoices with particular attention being given to narratives (for analysis and reporting purposes)
- Maintenance of all static data (Bank accounts, supplier addresses, payment terms, etc.)
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and monthly reconciliations.
- Filing and archiving of all Purchase invoices
- Liaising with the suppliers and staff to answer any queries
- Administer the purchase ledger, checking and authorising supplier invoices, posting these to the purchase ledger system and arranging payment on the accounts
- Dealing with suppliers ensuring that the correct authorisation has been obtain by Line Managers and invoice are posted correctly
- Raise purchase orders and cheque requests from internal departments, ensuring that correct authorisation is received from the requesting manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Strong Communication, Negotiation and Presentation Skills
- Able to work well within a team and use own initiative
- Accurate with high attention to detail
- Accounts Assistant
SALARY IS DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE
**Please note we are unable to reply to all applications therefore if you have not heard back within 10 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful**