We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within tier 1 Automotive are on the lookout for an experienced Assembly Area Leader to join them at their manufacturing plant in the West Midlands.
Reporting into the Production Manager you will take responsibility for the production area and its team members.
• Be accountable for the standard of quality that is being produced within responsible areas
• Ensure all layered process audit responsibilities are completed in full and in a timely manner from shift start
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES NECESSARY
• Able to achieve results by setting high standards and committing to clear objectives to achieve safety, quality, cost delivery and people KPIs for effective results within required time frames in a high volume environment.
• Able to effectively delegate tasks to appropriate team members, ensuring that support is given where necessary for the task to be completed in a timely manner.
• Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction whilst holding team members accountable for performance.
• Build effective relationships with work colleagues by demonstrating consistency, fairness and respect of all stakeholders.
• Flexibility and willingness to participate in all level of tasks to ensure effective contribution to the team and the organisation.
• Possess interpersonal skills to build rapport with others, displaying trust, integrity, diversity awareness and strong listening skills.
• Able to drive and embrace change by demonstrating a positive attitude towards continuous improvement, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new situations particularly with regard to Lean manufacturing methodology, working patterns, customer base and people.
• Able to plan and manage resources to achieve objectives and priorities despite conflicting agendas and multiple deliverables.
• Manages the performance of others by setting clear and challenging objectives. Monitors progress and addresses any shortfalls to ensure targets are met.
• Accountable for ensuring that health and safety is of paramount importance, that all employees have the right to come to work and not be injured or adversely affected by it and sets examples in adhering to Health and Safety rules.
• Proactively seeks to take responsibility for their own development without reliance upon others with regard to the knowledge required to meet or exceed performance expectations.
• Computer literate with strong numerical skills.
• Qualified or willing to progress to a Management position.
• Based in Cannock but will be required to travel intermittently to other UK sites; driving licence preferred
• 39 hours basic. Monday – Friday. Must have a flexible approach to working hours as extra hours and weekends will be required on occasion.