We are working on behalf of our client. An international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are looking for an experienced Assembly Maintenance Supervisor to join them in a permanent role at their site in Cannock.
Reporting into the Assembly Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for all assembly processes and team members.
Based on the shop floor you will be responsible for prioritising workloads on shift, taking calls from Production Supervisors and Managers to move labour to required destinations. You will organise weekend activities (TPM, PM) and overtime and use downtime data to help focus on key areas of concern. You will manage a team of up to 8 people, delegating tasks and monitoring work performance.
- Management of Assembly Technicians on shift, monitoring individual performance.
- Drive TPM attainment
- Focus on key problematic areas and look for proactive solutions
- To be actively hands on as and when required on the shop floor.
- Ensuring machine availability to a maximum by prioritising workload and staff
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- Must have served a recognised 4 year apprenticeship in an Engineering discipline.
- Must have completed 17th Edition electrical qualification.
- To possess ABB Motorman and Fanuc robotics experience.
- At least 2 years’ similar experience in a supervisory capacity in an engineering or automotive environment.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to find solutions to complex problems
- A driven self-starter who will operate from their own initiative and work ethic
- A flexible approach to working hours and be prepared to work overtime as and when required
- The ability to manage time well, prioritise workload and delegate tasks technicians effectively.