I am pleased to be supporting a leading global business with their search of an Assistant Management Accountant.
Due to business growth, a need to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant responsible for providing a high standard of accurate and timely financial information in a shared services environment is now required.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be assisting in the preparation, quality and delivery of monthly, half year and full year operating reports plus filing assurances for 18 business units in compliance with Group and Sector requirements.
- Working alongside the Management and Business Accountants to ensure the accuracy of month end reporting;
- Preparation of monthly, half and full year reporting packs for each business unit in line with reporting timelines;
- Ensuring the accuracy of fixed asset reporting including additions, depreciation, disposals and impairments;
- Assisting in the annual preparation of the tax packs for each business unit and working with the Group Tax function to resolve any queries;
- Preparation of monthly overhead reports and assistance with budgeting;
- Monthly preparation and submission of VAT and Intrastat returns;
- Monthly reconciliation of a portfolio of general ledger accounts;
- Ownership of the Freight control ledger ensuring accuracy of regular transactions and issue resolution;
- Collation and analysis of services costs before issuing to the relevant business units;
- Creation and analysis of inventory and payables information for each business unit;
- Analysis of manpower information;
- Creation and posting of various sundry sales invoices;
- Assist with both internal and external audits;
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders;
- Opening, management and closing of various CAPEX projects in SAP; and
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate:
- Qualified AAT and wanting to pursue ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualification;
- Good working knowledge and experience of SAP;
- Previous experience of working in a similar finance role with a large company/practice;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel;
- Strong organisational and workload management skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills; and
- Positive and proactive attitude.
Excellent package available for the right candidate including £25,000 salary, 21% pension contribution, bonus, share match scheme, private medical, death in service benefit.