Salary: £37,000-£52,000 / OTE £62,000-£88,000 in year 1, £127,000/£150,000 in year 3
Who are we?
My client is a global event, research and technology services company dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, digital disruptive business environment. Our B2B summits and events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges. Whether it’s brokering real solutions to existing or upcoming business projects, providing greater insight into emerging trends and their outcomes, or delivering the tools needed to enable meaningful organisational change, our events, services and experience provide the intelligence needed to make our customers’ business projects a success.
What makes us successful?
Our value proposition is to create customized intelligence solutions for our customers. This is supported by decades of experience in facilitating results-oriented business conversations.
We are a worldwide B2B Media Conglomerate, headquartered in Bristol, UK with international offices in NY and Miami. With over 260 staff globally, revenues of around £25 Million per year, 15% growth year on year, we are perfectly positioned to offer career path progression to those who show a commitment to obtaining and evolving the right skill sets.
We have two main divisions that come under the umbrella:
- A Summit division, which hosts over 50 International face to face Summits throughout Europe, US ASIA, Africa and The Middle East. We work across approx. 17 markets such as Financial Services Technology, Retail, IT, Marketing, Technology, Telecommunications etc.
- Bespoke events which includes Meettheboss Live bringing together leading CIO’s and Senior VP’s across multi B2B sectors over an evening of roundtable discussions. Meettheboss.TV which is a digital roundtable, independently moderated, creating thought leading conversation about a hot business related topic.
- And Digital, which delivers secure, super-fast broadband to remote, vulnerable and low-income locations, empowering more people with the opportunity to transform the way they engage with local authorities.
The clients we work with on each product include fortune 500, blue chip and multinational companies- generally at Director-level and above. Our extensive client base includes: Microsoft, Adidas, HPE, Nike, Oracle, Citigroup and SAP to name a few. You will be expected to deal competently and confidently at a C’ suite level within typical organisations of this calibre.
What type of talented professionals are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent business development skills as well as the ability to use a consultative sales approach. You will be an intelligent, professional, determined, and motivated individual who is not afraid to work hard to deliver results and enjoy winning new business.
Role Purpose and background:
- The role principally provides marketing solutions to senior level executives from fortune 500 companies.
- Specifically, our job is to speak with those decision makers about their business development plans and sell our capability to directly match their services to live customer projects, based on our unique customer project intelligence.
- When speaking with CEOs and VP’s, it’s vital to have researched who they are and what they are trying to achieve within their given market. Providing insightful marketing services means we need to be at the forefront of their markets, customers, products to ensure successful fulfilment.
- Our client facing roles are directly responsible for generation of revenue from commercial clients to defined targets through skilled negotiation, creative sales proposals and gaining market share from competitors.
- You will then be responsible generating additional revenue from those defined accounts and sectors, managing your sales pipeline proactively.
- Although the role is expected to be client facing for the majority of the time, our Executives operate globally, so we use many other mediums to connect including our video platform and as well face to face meetings and events.
- We offer structured training and development initially throughout the first three months and then ongoing throughout your entire career at my client.
- Package: we offer a base of £37,000 – £52,000 depending on experience plus commission which during your first year would take your earnings to the £62,000-£88,000 mark.
- My client is full of career opportunities and within 3 years’ people would be looking to earn on from £127,000 – £150,000 with a portfolio of key clients.
- To be fully responsible for generation of revenue from commercial clients to defined targets through skilled negotiation, creative sales proposals and gaining market share from competitors.
- Proactively prospecting to identify a strong pipeline of new business. Ensure you are well informed and credible on the opportunity.
- Build a clear understanding of the decision making process and key stakeholders for each new client.
- Research both the client, product and industry to build a complete understanding for each new prospect.
- Prepared for and connected to the right decision maker with an explicit purpose, outcome and insightful questioning approach.
- Excelling at demonstrating and understanding the value that our proposition provides to its clients
- Identifying client needs and consulting with them about the right product solution to ensure a successful outcome and delivering a demonstrable ROI.
- Managing opportunities throughout the entire new business sales cycle.
- Ensuring all existing and new clients activities are logged and opportunities updated in Salesforce for accurate forecasting.
- Network with existing and new clients to identify new opportunities. Resourcefully using your network to deepen your product and market knowledge.
- Plans effectively about how to establish and maintain major account relationships and meet and exceed personal sales targets.
- Participates with the rest of the sales team to develop sales strategies for specific accounts and helps identify target accounts and opportunities from within our portfolio.
- Sharing successes and learning, experiences and knowledge with the rest of the team, creating a supportive and collaborative culture.
- To provide strategic input to development of new products and services, feeding back relevant market research that could benefit the broader company’s interests.
- To work collaboratively with the product teams for successful fulfilment. Build collaborative internal partnerships on product development, marketing, insight, fulfilment and campaign management.
- Coordinates use of other company resources (e.g., technical, marketing, content) to provide value added services to accounts.
- Establishes and builds strong client relationships over time that allow for