We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within tier 1 Automotive who are looking for an experienced Business Systems Engineer to join them in a permanent role at their site in South Wales.
Reporting into the Plant Quality Manager you will support with Development, Maintenance and Effective implementation of the plant Business Management System
To support the development, maintenance, and effective implementation of the plant business system quality and environmental management system documentation, including control and publishing of key documents including Quality and Environmental Policies, Procedures, and Standardised Work sheets.
You will also be required to conduct internal audits in-line with the company internal audit schedule, as well as, provide support to external audits relating to re-certification for TS16949, ISO14001 and customer audits.
You will be required to coordinate and schedule external accreditation audits and subsequent action plans.
You will work professionally and effectively with all levels of the organisation to support business initiatives in order to improve the quality systems and quality awareness. Drive and dynamism will be key traits required in order to be successful in this role.
In addition to key elements of the role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis of quality, environmental and cost data, reporting on projects to managers within the business, developing work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- The maintenance and development of the companies quality and environmental management system documentation, including control and supervision of all amendments and revisions
- Control and the distribution of all the companies quality and environmental system related documentation
- To support the development and implementation of new business systems, incorporating training, awareness, support and assessment.
- Coordinating Internal Audits in-line with the company Internal Audit Schedule.
- Coordinating external Audits (Re-certification, Customer, etc).
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive system & quality improvements through the business as required.
- Support business initiatives to improve systems & quality / environmental awareness through all levels of the organization.
- Work effectively within the various business units both in house and externally so as to improve the effectiveness of the developing processes.
- Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- These should include:
- To be qualified to HNC minimum in an Engineering or Quality related discipline.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain credibility with internal & external customers.
- Ability to learn quickly and work under own initiative.
- Ability to plan, structure and monitor activities.
- Good computer skills specifically Microsoft Office and preferably SAP.
- An understanding of business systems and their development.
- A familiarity with ISO9000, ISO14001 and preferably TS16949. Lead Auditor certification prefferred
- Able to ‘encourage’ others to complete tasks within time constraints.
- Knowledge of the approaches used to develop, PFMEA, Control Plan & Standardised Work documents.
- An understanding of internal audits and the role that they play within the business.
- Good presentation skills.
- Knowledge of project lifecycle requirements and constraints.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- Highly organised with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritise workload.
- Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills, open to change and have a can-do approach.
- Must be able to establish clear objectives and be result focused.
- Experienced in managing and developing direct reports.
- Strong system knowledge coupled with highly developed analytical skills
- Must have the ability to problem solve and make quick decisions in a pressured environment.
- Flexible attitude is essential towards duties, this is a position where the duties and requirements may change quickly in response to business needs.
- Contributes innovative ideas that enhance work practices; is receptive to new ideas and participates in the implementation of cultural change.
Based in Llanelli but will be required to travel intermittently to other UK and European sites; driving licence and passport essential.
39 hours basic. Monday – Friday. Must have a flexible approach to working hours as extra hours and weekends will be required on occasion.