A unique opportunity exists for an ambitious ACA/AAT/CTA qualified accountant to join one of the largest accountancy firms in the world. You can be situated in the Bristol or Cardiff area.
The role of Tax Manager (Operational Lead) sits within the Private Client Service (PCS) Centre of Excellence and is to assist with the preparation and review of personal and trust self-assessment tax returns.
As a Tax Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Reviewing personal tax returns and standard letters prepared by more junior members of the team with a focus on ensuring matters of judgement made when preparing the tax return are clearly identified and all matters that may present a risk to the firm are considered and actioned accordingly;
- Assisting and resolving queries in order to finalise tax computations;
- Working as part of a wider team to complete required volumes of work;
- Managing your own workload to meet specific deadlines;
- Coaching and assisting junior team members with the opportunity to supervise overseas teams;
- Managing/manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- All other personal compliance related activities as required.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Good experience of working in a personal tax compliance role and an understanding of preparation processes. Ideally, you will also have experience of preparing trust tax returns;
- Experience of reviewing personal tax returns. Ideally you will also have experience of reviewing trust tax returns
- Good related personal tax technical knowledge and skills. You will ideally be ACA/ATT/CTA qualified
- Ability to communicate effectively in face-to-face situations, on the telephone and by email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Methodical and organised working skills
- Ability to follow defined procedures and protocols
- Proactive approach to work and completing work by required deadlines
- Proven team working skills
- Relationship building skills including experience of coaching junior team members
- Ability to develop understanding and application of firm’s dedicated tax return preparation software
- Excellent IT skills including a good understanding of Excel
Salary and package are very attractive with a basic of c.£40k.