We are working on behalf of an international group who manufacture within Tier 1 Automotive who are looking for a Capacity Planner to join them on a permanent basis at their site in South Wales.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for Facility capacity statements and the effect of volume fluctuations in customer demand on the manufacturing Facility
Responsibility for determining the capacity needed by an organisation to meet changing demands for its products. Understands how the business operates and plans for future capacity requirements. Undertakes planning activities to ensure targets are met and optimises manufacturing efficiency, stock levels and costs. Work under general supervision, reviewed by Management. Decisions and results have an impact on the function and their success.
• Analyse appropriate information and data in order to prepare schedules, plans and forecasts.
• Create capacity plans which meet business targets and optimise manufacturing efficiency and costs.
• Review systems and methods to continually improve plans so that the organisation can better anticipate customer needs.
• Assess existing capacity and draw up forecasts based on future plans for demand.
• Analyse specifications and capacity and undertake appropriate calculations to estimate job requirements, in terms of labour, tools, materials and resources.
• Continually monitor and review plans and make appropriate adjustments in the event of changes and unforeseen circumstances.
• Review trends, research data and evaluate and prepare results.
• Reconcile variances from original plans and maintain a view of actual against forecast projections.
• Continually review ways in which to make improvements and make the capacity planning and manufacturing process more efficient.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• To be educated to a minimum HND level in an Engineering Discipline.
• Prior experience in a capacity planning role, preferably within the automotive or manufacturing/engineering environment.
• Good understanding of the automotive industry with a good knowledge of production/manufacturing processes and lead times.
• Experience or knowledge of statistics, forecasting and management information methods and techniques.
• Prior experience of building capacity/forecasting models and plans and undertaking complex analysis to create accurate information.
• Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills and the ability to learn new software packages.
Skills, Behaviours and Competencies
• Excellent communicator with the ability to communicate complex concepts to others.
• Able to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
• Commercial and financial acumen with a strong understanding of the cost of failure both the production and the ability to fulfil customer orders.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong numeracy, statistical and reporting skills with the ability to analyse, interpret and manage information, data and trends.
• Excellent attention to detail skills.
• Knowledge and experience of project management skills.
• Results orientated and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
• 37 hours per week. Overtime will be expected where necessary.