Our client, based close to Newcastle manufacture within a range of industries and are looking for a senior cell leader / supervisor to take responsibility for the safe day-to-day running of a cell and to ensure that all manufacturing targets are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement, drive and improve safety culture and performance.
• Manage day to day production activities in terms of safety, quality, delivery, cost and general plant efficiency.
• Ensure customer commitments are met on a day to day basis for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Implement, drive and improve Operational Excellence program.
• Coach, mentor and develop production and maintenance teams and create a hi performing culture.
• Ensure all manufacturing targets are achieved.
• Initiate, lead and participate in activities that lead to increased process efficiency and effectiveness in a proactive environment.
• Lead and participate in all quality control initiatives, conduct in cycle checks and deal with any non-conformances in an appropriate manner.
• Complete and/or organise the completion of all engineering administration. E.g. works orders and inspection sheets etc.
• Liaise with internal and external customers as required.
• Monitor and report KPI data.
• Lead the production of Standard Operating Procedures and Job Safety Analysis documentation.
• Initiate, lead and participate in activities that lead to continuous improvement in 5S.
• Lead and participate in incident investigations and participate in the creation and maintenance of safety risk assessments.
• Manage the maintenance team to ensure that downtime is minimised and that both routine and non-routine maintenance occurs in a timely manner and with limited effect on production.
• Liaise with the HR Department in respect to sickness absence, discipline, performance management, staffing levels and to ensure the existence of a workforce that is appropriately trained and competent for the execution of their tasks.
• Educated to HNC or equivalent
• ILM level 2
• Business Improvement Techniques or similar Continuous Improvement techniques tools.
• 5 years’ experience in supervisory role. Ideally within a sub contract manufacturing firm.
• Multiple Process Knowledge (machining, polishing, forming, welding)
• Knowledge of manufacturing within Aerospace to AS9100
• Good computing skills and comfortable with ERP systems
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Able to ensure product traceability