We are working with our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are on the lookout for an experienced Continuous Improvement Engineer to join them at their site in South Wales on a permanent basis.
Reporting in to the CI Leader, the Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing improvement efficiencies and drive a robust improvement process across the site. The role will be responsible for the fault finding, and implementing improvement of current processes by implementing in order to reduce time, waste, cost and continuous improvement strategy across the site.
The role requires working as part of the Continuous Improvement Team with a common goal to highlight opportunities for improvement in product quality, process time and business methodology. The role will involve running projects and providing written and verbal reports to senior management.
- Driving lean manufacturing and process improvement, and implementing best-in-class operations processes across the site
- Ensuring new ideas and processes are deployed and measured in a consistent manner
- Lead Continuous improvement initiatives and projects (VSM, 5S, TPM, FMEAs, etc.) by reviewing safety, quality, and production trends and implementing proactive countermeasures
- Utilising quality tools e.g. SPC, FMEA, poke yoke etc.
- Value Stream Mapping
- Work with all departments on new product development and key product and process metric identification with measurement specifications
- Provide support on any critical process implementations (provide procedures, take measurements, observe, document, etc.)
- Work with relevant departments to monitor and take actions to reduce all forms of process waste including process times
- Perform statistical analysis on process/product metrics
- Participate in daily shop floor meetings and facilitate shop floor Process Improvement Meetings
- Update Continuous Improvement Boards
- Liaise with outside vendors and contractors for purchasing requirements and project.
- Production of reports and Customer presentations.
- Ensure safety is top priority when conducting all procedures and instructions to maintain a safe and risk free environment.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- The successful Continuous Improvement Engineer will have a background in continuous improvement, process engineering or quality engineering – and will possess strong lean manufacturing knowledge.
- Degree qualified or have the relevant working experience
- Knowledgeable across lean manufacturing tools and techniques – and be able to demonstrate a successful history of implementation
- Knowledgeable across quality tools e.g. SPC, FMEA etc
- Certificated Six Sigma Green Belt will be desirable. However, candidate must have practical experience in understanding the manufacturing environment and improving production efficiency VSM
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Completion of a full factory transformation, on several instances with a proven track record, which can be clearly demonstrated.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- Hands on, with practical improvement experience across manufacturing
- Excellent communicator with the ability to deliver written and verbal reports / presentations. Must be fluent in English.
- Can do attitude and strong leadership skills – has to be able to communicate with all departments and motivate others to participate in the projects, as well as maintaining it.
- Creative thinking
- Results driven
38 hours basic. Monday – Friday.