My client is a leading engineering organisation, specialising in the marine engineering sector. My client is looking for a Controls/Systems Engineer to join their function in South Tyneside for a 3 month contract.
My client seeks a self-driven and experienced controls/systems engineer capable of working with limited supervision,in the creation of subsea equipment and connectors systems. Working effectively with hydraulic and mechanical designers to define the interfaces and requirements, then developing the software specification and interface, alongside a number of suppliers, to develop the end user electrical design.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced controls/systems engineer, with a minimum of an HND (Degree preferred but essential) in an appropriate discipline. You must be available immediately and happy to work on a 3 month contract.
Other key selection criteria includes:
– Systems engineer with the ability to understand interactions between mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and software disciplines.
– Ability to write electrical and software specifications and test procedures.
– Familiar with dealing with sub-contractors and managing performance issues should they arise.
– Electrical engineering drafting skills sufficient to allow completion of first draft concept electrical diagrams.
– Ability to check and approve electrical drawings prior to manufacture and build.
– Ideally have knowledge of designing and developing subsea equipment with knowledge of fibre networking.