Chief Operating Officer
About the Company
Currently preparing to enter a period of anticipated growth in the market, The Group are looking for an experienced and energetic Chief Operations Officer ( COO) to own and lead all aspects of the company operations. This is a critical role and will contribute to the success and future growth of the business.
The Group consists of some of Australia’s most awarded and iconic restaurants in CBD Brisbane. Specialising not only in restaurants, but also looking to identify and develop talent both domestic and internationally with an interest in a hospitality training college, establishing a presence in the premium food home delivery service market as well as expanding into at least 4 more restaurants to create dining experiences.
Central to the success of the Group, is a dedication to delivering a consistent commitment to excellence, not just in the kitchen and restaurant floors, but also in the understanding of its product and the time spent sourcing only the best produce and how best to deliver it.
About the role
As a key member of the Executive Management Team, the COO will report to the Chairman/Owner and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The COO’s position is responsible for all operational and administrative aspects of the business including risk management, the development of an operational strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to deliver optimal products and processes and preserve company assets.
The successful candidate will also work closely with an established board structure to grow the organisational structure, shape and implement a strategic plans and pursue business development.
· To work with the Chairman/Owner and the board in formulating and developing a strategic plan to achieve the Group and supporting the necessary tactical initiatives, and implement those to this end.
· Collaborate with the Senior Management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the expected rapid growth objectives of our organisation
· Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of the Senior Management team and where necessary or required outsource the required additional operational and administrative support
· Lead employees to encourage maximum performance, dedication and engagement
· Implement operational, ‘Best practice’ initiatives and ensuring maintenance and adherence to the existing brand
· Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics to achieve financial goals and targets
· Set comprehensive goals for operational performance and growth
· Take ownership to drive the company to achieve goals and objectives
Skills and Attributes
· Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills with entrepreneurial approach
· Strong commercial and operation acumen with excellent decision-making, analytical and problem solving skills
· Self-starter & Self motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions
· Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
· Growth orientated with an assertive and action oriented bias, yet a team player who solicits and acts on input from others
· Proactive and influential; someone who instinctively knows what needs to be done, can work independently and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished
· Ability to adapt and deal with ambiguity
· Innovative and progressive mindset with knowledge of a well designed venue that positively affect staff performances, customer experience and overall functionality
· Interest and experience in emerging technologies and systems and their potential benefit to the businesses as value add features with outsourcing as a desired outcome
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
· Able to work in a young, high energy dynamic environment with a flat organisational structure
An attractive salary of AUD $200k – $300k based on relevant skills, experience, qualifications and attitude will be on offer.
Contact Steven Mikkelsen today on 01912210402 or email email@example.com