Rare opportunity to join an exciting and niche business located in Stockton
Reporting to the Head of Finance, your day to day duties will include:
- Ownership and maintenance of Bills of Materials.
- Planning, studying and collating data to determine costs of business activity covering raw materials usage, pricing and labour.
- Analysing data collected, recording and distribution of reports.
- Analysing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods to determine effects on costs.
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditure.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling reports.
- Providing estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provision of reports for management specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting system.
- Assisting in month end close of the ledger as and where required.
- Working with the stock team on PPI and monitoring cycle count programme.
- Reconciling raw and finished goods stock and WIP.
- Production of scrap report and liaising with operations to resolve differences with batch works orders and improve integrity of data.
- Responsibility for recording shop floor data into manufacturing system then roll out to select operatives over a period of time with training and monitoring.
Additional Duties etc:
Strong Spreadsheet and Financial analysis (Excel look ups and pivot tables would be an advantage).
Preparation of Journals and entry onto Sage Financial system.
Reconciliation of various ledger accounts.
It is likely the successful applicant will have extensive knowledge of Sage 50 Finance and Sage Manufacturing 50 (or similar manufacturing system ie SAP Business One)
Be a qualified accountant CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent