We are working with our client, an international group who manufacture within Tier 1 Automotive that are actively on the lookout for a Cost Analyst to join them at their site in the West Midlands.
The Cost Analyst is a new position within the UK Commercial Function. The aim of role is to support the Key Account Managers with regards to winning and maintaining profitable business.
- Review & challenge quotation proposals for accuracy and cost efficiency
- Supporting in all aspects of the Quotation System
- Preparing internal quotation enquiry documents.
- Work closely with NPI, Commercial and Finance teams to report on new product introduction, tooling and capital investments.
- Current production profitability & price change analysis
- Ad-hoc reporting as required by Finance / Commercial Director
- Working to a strict deadlines
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Support in continuous improvement activities
- Experience of Activity Based Costing’s
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- Ideally be part qualified in an accountancy qualification or be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Previous Experience in cost analysis / estimating preferable
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing processes desirable
- Working knowledge computerised systems, e.g SAP desirable
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel, Pivot Tables, V-Lookups
- Experience in the automotive industry desirable
- Demonstrated project management skills
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- Willing to travel to multiple site locations as and when required ( including overseas)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain credibility and communicate with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Managing and working to strict deadlines
- Good analytical skills desirable
- To work on own initiative and meet all personal objectives