I am working in partnership with a national business who are seeking to add a Divisional Financial Controller to their North Yorkshire team.
Purpose of the role
To be responsible for the production of the management accounts and financial results for the North Yorkshire Division/ Supervision of all staff in the Finance and Administration local team/ Communication to the Divisional Manager and Regional Financial Controller on all finance and administrative matters.
- Ensure accuracy of the Divisional Profit and Loss statement and completion of Management reports, in accordance with set deadlines
- Budgeting, regular forecasting and reviewing variances to forecasts
- Responsible for all day to day financial aspects of the Division
- Implement and support the Group Management Rules
- Provide assistance and information to Management and Operational Staff, to facilitate accurate decision-making and develop efficient use of financial resources.
- Prepare comprehensive reports for monthly Management meetings
- Provide sound accounting advice and support to senior management
- Maintain the integrity of the accounting systems and data
- Responsibility for all aspects of the Divisions Balance Sheet
- Supervision of the Finance Team / To maintain positive staff morale
- To carry out any reasonable task, requested by a member of senior management
- Ideally a fully qualified accountant
- Experience of SAP would be useful, but operation of a similar MIS/Accounts package would be acceptable
- Construction Industry experience is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to produce accurate, understandable and timely information is essential
- Previous management of a finance team would be highly desirable.
- Good IT skills are essential, especially excel.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and when formally reporting.
- The ability make the complex understandable to non-financial staff is essential