Our client, a global manufacturer supplying products into the fire and defence sectors, have an exciting new opportunity for a Draughtsperson / Drafter. This is a permanent role, offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
As a key member of the company commercial team, the primary focus of the role is to prepare engineering drawings for manufacturing and documentation to the customer that will support the company in its commitment to delivering projects to a world class standard.
- Ensure all relevant technical standards and specifications are adhered to for full technical compliance without supervision outside of departmental guidelines.
- Collaborate with project engineer on system design and create mechanical fabrication, small bore pipework / pneumatics and electrical engineering drawings using AutoCAD (Mechanical and Electrical versions) and Creo 3D.
- Demonstrate technical ability and expertise for company and any associated 3rd party equipment working with control systems and sampling systems.
- Cooperate as part of a team of multi-discipline personnel, sharing a wide experience of fire and gas detection knowledge.
- Prepare and submit project documentation in accordance with client requests and in instructions from document controller / project manager.
- To liaise with engineering and production to ensure suitable drawings are supplied and any changes discussed and recorded.
- Provide technical support as required to sales and service teams.
- Attend meetings as required and support manufacturing/ purchasing teams to ensure system manufacturing is successful.
- Attend Project Kick off meetings if requested by Project Management to manage customer expectations whilst being sympathetic to their needs.
- Attend internal project reviews ensuring full technical compliance for engineering and export compliance.
- To supply final drawings, system manuals and technical documentation to client and service / commissioning engineers.
- Maintain and nurture continuous communication with Project Managers, Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Create accurate bills of materials and costing sheets ensuring budget is managed for sales and projects.
- Ensure all time is logged against relevant project.
- Support manufacturing team for system builds on projects
- Ensure locally targeted strategic market / product launches comply with relevant local industry standards
- Effective use of SharePoint systems to ensure all project information is kept up to date.
Education / Requirements:
Completion of an Instrumentation, Electrical or similar modern apprenticeship.
Bachelor degree or HNC/HND in Instrumentation, Electrical or similar.
2+ years’ experience in fixed gas detection systems or vast experience in related industries.
Ability to organise and prioritise
Ability to work within a team
Capability of assessment to make appropriate decisions
Instrumentation & Control Engineering knowledge
Pneumatic value control and small bore pipework
Please contact Chris Steenberg on 0191 221 0402 or email@example.com