We are working in behalf of our client, manufacturing within Pharmaceuticals who are looking for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join them in a permanent vacancy at their site in Northumberland. This is a day shift role with core hours from 8am to 4pm. Overtime available.
Reporting into the Area Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out Electrical and Instrument maintenance work on site and for providing first hand technical diagnosis and correction of maintenance problems to maintain the assets and site in a safe and efficient operational condition.
• Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures
• Participate in HSE Audits
• As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner
• Carry out electrical and instrument repairs, modifications, plant upgrades, installation and commissioning.
• Conduct hazardous area inspections and repairs ensuring all hazardous area equipment complies with the statutory requirements and the appropriate British Standards are maintained.
• Carry out maintenance and proof testing on Safety Instrumented Systems.
• Carry out maintenance on Medium and Low voltage installations and general electrical systems across the site.
• Carryout calibrations and functional testing of instrumented systems.
• Carry out problem solving and diagnostic checks on electrical and instrument systems.
• Carryout work which is outside core skill and in line with agreement in force relating to multi-skilling.
• Acceptance and handback of PTWs.
• Carry out work in compliance with cGMP standards.
• Requisition and collect stores materials as required.
• Conduct inspections and carry out preventative maintenance activity.
• Complete small projects as defined by area engineer.
• Develop maintenance procedures.
• Train apprentices, craftsmen and operators as required
Qualifications / Experience Required
• Recognised craft apprenticeship in one of the core disciplines
• Ideally qualification minimum of ONC or equivalent
• Must possess COMPex certificate
• Preferred experience in chemical industry
• Mature approach to work
• Good diagnostic skills
• Must have a detailed knowledge of DSEAR, and ATEX.
• Aware of maintenance requirements of Safety Instrumented Systems.