My client is a leading SME manufacturing cutting edge technology for the medical, automotive and instrumentation sectors. Working between the design and manufacturing functions, my client seeks an experienced Embedded Electronics Engineer/Design Engineer to play a key role in the development of their next generation products.
- Contribute towards the support of existing customers and products, provide design modifications for new customers and help lead NPI.
- Hardware / Software layout and design
- Support production by providing good-quality documentation, help and advice when required.
- Observe and drive improvements to the design process.
- Drive improvements in design processes to improve operational performance.
- Take an active role in the process of incremental quality improvement in line with the company’s ISO accreditations.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable experience gained as an electronics engineer with design experience and a 50/50 split of hardware and software skills/experience.
Other key selection criteria:
- Ideally educated to degree level in an electrical/electronic related discipline
- Good knowledge and understand if analogue and digital electronics
- Electronic design expertise
- Ideally possessing experience of C programming language
- NPD/NPI experience
- BOM creation
- Knowledge of low-power products
- Ideally possessing experience of microcontroller and/or switch mode power supply design
Additional selection criteria:
- Happy to travel internationally 3 to 4 times per year
- Must be comfortable in a customer-facing role
- Improvement mind-set
- Excellent communication skills
- Aspires to work towards a senior management role in the future