My client is a leading international high-tech manufacturer of electromechanical products for a number of end-user markets based in Tyneside. My client is looking to appoint a Embedded Software Engineer reporting in to the divisional Engineering Manager.
The embedded software engineer will be responsible for the overall design of embedded systems, coupled with supporting hardware/housing design, through the build, validation, certification and documentation processes.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Generation and maintenance of software requirements in line with the project functional specification and company quality standards
- Generation of software design and documentation in line with project requirements and company standards
- Generation of annotated, accurate coding
- Integration of the embedded component and product operating software to deliver a combined sub-system which meets the project requirements
- Development of next generation embedded controllers using microcontrollers / DSP’s
- Operation of simulation tools
- Validation and testing
- Software management and maintenance
To be considered for the role you must be qualified to Degree level in an appropriate discipline e.g. embedded systems, software, electronics etc. You must also possess demonstrable experience gained as an Embedded Software Engineer ideally gained working for an electromechanical manufacturing organisation .
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrable experience with FPGA Logic Design and simulation using high level descriptive language, preferably VHDL.
- Able to create test modules such as Pulse Width Modulator generator and communications modules such as UARTS, I2C, CAN etc
- Working knowledge of C programming language
- Experience in design and development of signal conditioning, processing and control PCB packages using CAD packages including analogue and digital circuits
- Ability to operate simulation tools such as PLECS and/or Symmetrix
- Demonstrable experience of working to recognised software processes and standards with application of Software Integrity Levels (SIL)
- Must be currently based in the UK, with a valid UK passport or Indefinite leave to remain/Tier 1 Visa status