Solutions Recruitment are looking to recruit for an Estimator to join one of our clients based in Rhyl, Wales. The right candidate will have experience in the Utilities sector, ideally with water.
- Undertake estimates in accordance with DCWW & MUS processes.
- Identify opportunity and risk during the estimation process.
- Liaise with the business unit to agree methodology and principles.
- Liaise with Design Team, Delivery Team and Planner.
- In close liaison with purchasing prepare information to enable suppliers and subcontractors to submit quotations.
- Liaise with DCWW & MUS operations to ensure solution is appropriate for day to day running of the site
- Maintain a register of key assumptions within estimate.
- Maintain tender estimate file.
- Prepare estimate/target price documentation for approval before submission to the client. Ensure the information is accurate and comprehensive.
- Prepare and submit prices for variations or additional work on projects in progress.
The right candidate will be:
- Desirable but not essential, Degree qualified (or HND/HNC with substantial work experience) in an engineering or commercial discipline ideally with utility experience. You will have knowledge and understanding of construction techniques and resource needs. You will be familiar with tender build-ups – preferably through delivery at site level.
- You will need to be familiar, and comfortable, with standard Microsoft Office software such as Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Project. You will have a confident demeanour and have the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel as you will be dealing with the client at all levels.
- You will be confident in your ability to create detailed estimates in estimating software and Excel. You will also have experience in creating fixed price and budgetary estimates to a deadline with knowledge and experience in creating project programmes.
- To succeed, you must have effective written and verbal communications skills, particularly in explaining detailed data to non-data literate audiences and the ability to work effectively to tight deadlines, to prioritise work and to adapt to changing circumstances.