I have the pleasure of working with Darchem Engineering in their search for a Financial Accountant.
Darchem Engineering is a market leader in the design and manufacture of a wide range of high integrity engineered products in stainless steel and titanium as well as thermal insulation systems for aerospace, motorsport, marine defence, nuclear and oil & gas applications.
Darchem Engineering is a wholly-owned subsidiary of USA quoted company, Esterline Technologies Corporation.
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team based in Stockton on Tees, reporting directly to the Finance Director, providing management accounts, budgets, forecasts and analysis.
The company operates as 5 distinct strategic Business Units each with its own P&L and employs a total of 800+ employees across 2 locations.
As Financial Accountant you will be part of a team responsible for the day to day monitoring of the organisation and individual Business Units performance, preparing monthly management accounts, liaising with the corporate office/Platform staff and building on the financial systems already in place. You will be a strong financial accountant with experience in a manufacturing environment.
You will take responsibility for the preparation and analysis of the monthly accounting records and financial statements including any variance analysis, whilst ensuring consistent and robust financial reporting across the business in line with UK and US GAAP accounting principles. You will develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports comparing budget costs to actual costs.
Due to the nature of the role, the ability to undertake regular travel (UK), adapt quickly to changing circumstances and to meet strict deadlines will be critical. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are also essential for this position.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Finance Director the following key duties will be required:-
- Prepare individual Business Units monthly management accounts together with supporting corporate schedules and variance reports.
- Support period end financial closing activities and ensure an efficient and effective close is performed fully compliant with SOX requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in the Preparation year-end financial accounts and supporting corporate schedules prior to audit.
- Prepare individual Business Unit annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and variance analysis reports together with supporting corporate schedules.
- Support Business Unit Directors to assist in the delivery of their annual business plans, providing financial and commercial guidance where necessary.
- Prepare weekly Flash forecast reports and supporting variances to forecasts
- Maintain the integrity of the Company’s internal controls, processes, procedures and systems with a view to proposing amendments which support the firm’s operations and provide enhanced financial as well as management information for decision making. Ensuring fully compliant with SOX regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (UK & US GAAP), Corporate Directives and Financial policies and procedures. Providing support to the FD on technical issues arising through the implementation of new UK, US and International Accounting Standards affecting the Company, as well as the change in the business environment.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in completing audit requirements and respond to group and external audit queries, where applicable.
- Oversee compliance with local customs duties and VAT regulations with overall responsibility for VAT accounting and reporting.
- Supporting the FD with the management of local treasury and tax needs, including preparation of cash flow forecasts and forward FX hedging programmes aligned to group policies.
- Assist in the management and development of the working capital function to ensure high level of free cash flows.
- Assist the FD with the preparation and submission of year end Corporation Tax computations and returns and Annual P11Ds.
- Assist with the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements and supporting schedules.
- Must have proven experience producing the monthly management accounts, budgets and cash control including analysing and commenting on variances
- Experience of working with teams to implement best practice and to continue to drive process improvements and reporting capabilities
- Knowledge of multi-site reporting controls
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Knowledge of payroll processes would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (or equivalent) regulatory requirements
- Public practice experience would be an advantage
- Flexibility, well organised, and able to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Impartiality & Integrity
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Excellent Communication skills
- IT literate, with experience of ERP systems
- Organisational skills with strong attention to detail and analytical ability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, organise and prioritise workload
- Flexibility for travel (approx. 1 week per month within UK)
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent