I am pleased to be recruiting a Financial Controller for an established charity situated in Newcastle.
You will be responsible for the efficient management of the charity’s finances, including the charity’s accounting activities and regulatory compliance.
In particular, you will be responsible for:
- Management, supervision and training of the charity’s finance department staff
- Management of all aspects of financial transactions, processing and budgeting
- Production of complete and accurate monthly management accounts and associated reports/recommendations within timescales
- Interpretation and analysis of financial information to budget holders
- Reviewing and implementing financial policies & procedures
- Ensuring compliance with procedures through internal financial inspections and preparation of statutory accounts and records for external auditors
- Ensuring regulatory returns as submitted (VAT / NAO returns)
- Deputising for the Director of Finance as and when required
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to manage and prioritise several activities simultaneously with minimal supervision and meet critical timescales
- A good understanding of accounting in the charitable sector
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts