Solutions Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with a global blue chip organisation to recruit a Global Reservoir Technology Specialist for their Technology business unit based in Houston.
Formed over 60 years ago, my client has established a strong reputation for customer service across its international client base. Employing over 400 highly trained and experienced personnel adding value throughout the whole hydrocarbon chain (from reservoir optimisation through to fuel brand protection solutions), their portfolio of products and services allow customers to increase production rates, lower production costs and increase companies’ environmental compliance.
As Global Reservoir Technology Specialist, you will be accountable for global technical development and support focused on wellbore and stimulation applications. The primary responsibility will be to develop and provide technical expertise to all global technology consultants in the area of wellbore tracer technology application.
- Develop / purchase suitable reservoir and wellbore flow modelling systems to enable interpretation of tracer data.
- Lead in developing protocols for the analysis and interpretation of tracer flow data together with results presentation. Roll out to global technology teams with support and continue to develop to meet changing customer requirements.
- Provide support and technical advice to the global commercial teams to ensure customer technical questions relating to reservoir wellbore tracer applications are met.
- Lead the reservoir team in the writing of technical papers relating to wellbore applications to present at suitable conferences in association with customers.
- Through face to face meetings with customers establish reservoir wellbore monitoring requirements the business requires to develop. Discuss these with the Reservoir Director to prioritize.
- Ensure the Reservoir business is technically aligned globally with all staff trained in the full range of wellbore data interpretation.
- Increase the awareness of the Reservoir business with global operators and service providers through direct contact and training of customer staff
- Analyse and report on global customer and competitor wellbore monitoring technology / activities
- Delivers new system ways of working, with early identification and resolution of issues.
- Build effective teams and develop a talent pipeline of staff skilled to take on future technology challenges.
- Manage complex multi-functional teams and project resource needs across multiple sites.
- Responsible for the monitoring, management and reporting of the function budget.
- Manages performance data and performance outcomes to report for salary and bonus review activity.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess (as a minimum) a Degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Reservoir/Petroleum/Production Engineering), combined with demonstrable experience gained in a Senior/Leadership post within Reservoir Technology Engineering.
Key selection criteria:
- Comprehensive understanding of well completions and in particular lower completion hardware utilized in both conventional and unconventional reservoirs including knowledge of: sand screens, inflow control devices (ICD’s), gravel packing, sliding sleeve systems, packers, open hole and cemented liners
- Strong exposure to reservoir geochemistry / enhanced oil recovery / completion and stimulation engineering
- Possess knowledge of the fundamentals of reservoir, stimulation and completion engineering
- Experience of using reservoir and / or wellbore flow simulators in both deep reservoir and wellbore as well as history matching to better define actual flow in the reservoir.
- Ideally have exposure to tracer inter well dispersion modelling and understand the mathematics used
- Familiarity with well production logging (PLT) and an understanding of systems such as Distributed Temperature Sensing – DTS (using fibre optics), Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS), remote pressure and temperature sensors,
- Familiar with reservoir simulation software such as Stream tube, CGM, Eclipse and / or Emerson
- Ability to train global staff in technology and its application
- Ability to frequently travel globally in support of business needs
- Building Organisational Talent
- Planning and Driving Execution
- Establishing Strategic Direction and Leading Through Vision & Values
This is a highly attractive and exciting opportunity for engineers who seek to work with, and play a key role in the creation of, ground-breaking , industry leading, unique Tracer technology products. My client offers career and personal development/advancement and the opportunity to work within a growing, high-performance, technology focused business unit.