I have the pleasure of recruiting a Group Financial Accountant for a large niche business located in Cumbria.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, your responsibilities will include:
- The preparation of management accounts, budgets and forecasts for all non-trading companies including the holding companies.
- The preparation of consolidated group management accounts, budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Group Financial Controller, extending the use of our budgeting and reporting software (Khalix).
- Review of all subsidiary management accounts, budgets and forecasts to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Preparation of the Group statutory accounts and all Company statutory accounts to agreed timescales.
- Preparation of a monthly rolling three-month cash flow forecast for the group including the detailed preparation of the forecasts.
- Submission of weekly bank facilities report.
- Submission of weekly cash flow reports measured against the current forecast.
- The calculation of company car allowances taking into account current personal tax rules.
- Liaison with our external auditors for interim and year end audits.
- To prepare in conjunction with the Group Financial Controller – (fully consolidated) management accounts pack according to the agreed reporting timetable.
- To prepare in conjunction with the Group Financial Controller consolidated yearend financial accounts pack according to the agreed reporting timetable.
- To prepare the Group statutory accounts to a standard and timescale to allow full review prior to submission.
- To prepare all Company statutory accounts to a standard and timescale to allow full review prior to submission.
- Liaise with the external auditors in the audit of the statutory accounts.
- An expertise in group consolidations, ideally with experience of using accounting consolidation packages.
- Strong financial modelling skills, expected to be experienced in the use of advanced functions in Microsoft Excel.
- Up to date knowledge on current and proposed accounting standards.
- Experience of best of breed accounting systems (eg JD Edwards, Computron, Oracle, Coda, Dream, Lawson, SAP etc) and comfortable with the use and enhancement of such systems from a finance user perspective.
- Experience in producing detailed receipts and payments cash flow forecasts.
- Knowledge of hedging foreign currency exposure both transitional and by means of primary forward and option contracts.
- Involvement in the annual audit process for a group of companies.
- Good working knowledge of basic UK tax compliance rules.
Great personal career development opportunities exist for the successful applicant.