We are working on behalf of our client, an international group who manufacture within Tier 1 Automotive and are looking for an experienced Hot Stamping Process Engineer to join them at their site in the West Midlands.
As the technical lead for this press hardening process, initially, the role concerns itself with the successful installation and set-up of the line in conjunction with various equipment providers and the employers other technical service departments. Thereafter, the role ensures the process is refined and optimised.
- Update, modify, and continuously improve the hot stamping processing systems.
- Coordinate process optimisation activities with plant and external stakeholders.
- Program & optimize robotic systems on the Hot Stamp Process.
- Program, optimize, & monitor all functionalities of the furnace process.
- Program, optimize, & monitor all functionalities of the hot stamp press process.
- Plan, coordinate, follow up and implement APQP (Advance Product Quality Planning) activities for assigned programs.
- Assist with the training of Technicians and Maintenance Personnel on how to properly operate and troubleshoot the hot stamping processes
- Provide engineering support for duration of programme.
- Assist with simulation studies for new and current projects.
- Set-up of SPC on nominated elements of the HS process to allow autonomous monitoring and adjustment of process.
- Understand Laser cutting function so as to facilitate overall process output.
- Work with maintenance department to set-up and optimize the purchase and maintenance of spare parts.
- Strong mechanical competence. Degree qualified in mechanical & metallurgical engineering is desirable
- An analytical approach, with higher maths and statistical ability, for data driven problem solving
- The ability to communicate these technical principles to non technical audiences to enable process autonomy
- Should have a measured but practical approach to resolution of issues
- Experience in technical ownership of a hot stamping process in a mass production environment is desirable.
- Experience in training others in technical processes (Hot stamping desirable).
- Experience in process optimisation through awareness of process interactions. Ie. D of E, factors & Levels.
- Have experience in soft zone product & tooling process controls.
- Have proven experience in the successful setup and optimisation of a hot stamping / press hardening process