We are working with a Tier 1 Automotive supplier who currently have a vacancy for an experienced HSE Advisor to join them in a temporary role based in the North East.
You will be responsible for controlling all Safety related issues on site, helping to maintain a safe working environment for employees to work in. Ensuring compliance with necessary standards and legislation, including Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 is key to the role.
- Managing policy to ensure that the organisation complies with all relevant UK H&S legislation
- Training and auditing are integral duties required to make the whole workforce aware of and able to fulfil H&S responsibilities.
- Conducting project work, covering a range of areas including Health and Safety initiatives.
- Conducting daily safety observations in order to identify any unsafe acts/conditions
- Challenging any employee safety non-compliances
- Carrying out and reviewing risk assessments including COSHH
- Maintaining the sites incident database and ensuring that root cause analysis is carried out for all safety incidents including corrective actions
- Play an active role in maintaining the corporate Health & Safety audit system
- Carry out Emergency evacuation exercises and take the lead when required
- Provide cover for the H&S Manager whenever required (meetings, escalation cover Etc)
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified or studying towards achieving a minimum of NEBOSH certificate level 3.
- Have a good working knowledge/understanding of current H&S legislation.
- You will have a proven track record for collecting and analysing data and the ability to use it to create clear & targeted action plans.
- Experience within automotive manufacturing is desirable, during which you will have developed a sound understanding of the H&S challenges facing the industry.
- Experience in IT applications (Power-point, Excel, Office) and general report writing.
- Experience in conducting Safety audits and general workplace inspections.
- Experience in dealing with external sources (Contractors, HSE, Fire Authority & Insurance).
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes necessary
- Enthusiastic and passionate about Health & Safety with a can do attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate a tactful but assertive manner.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Logical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Ability to manage your own workload.
- Ability to engage with employees at all levels of the organisation.
38 hours: Day shift