Infrastructure Manager, Teesside
Salary up to £95,000
Our client is celebrating their most successful year in business. International company who, due to growth and expansion they’re looking to recruit an experienced Infrastructure Manager to join and help lead their IT function. This is such a good opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company, working with some of the worlds largest retailers.
The successful candidate will lead their Operations Engineering team to oversight and management of a large cloud infrastructure estate and accompanying processes. This role is also responsible for defining and implementing the overall operations strategy, the tools, processes and the day to day management of the infrastructure team. This includes managing, mentoring and motivating the team as well as directly contributing to the work.
Responsibilities will include:
– Strategy – own the overall infrastructure strategy. Work with the senior team to define automation & deployment strategies
– Development – day to day development of operations solutions and utilities to better manage the infrastructure estate.
– Cloud estate administration – ensuring the day to day administration of a cloud estate is executed including configuration, installation, maintenance, patching and monitoring.
– You will be expected to manage the around the clock on-call scheme to provide out of hours support for system problems and incidents.
– You will be expected to own, follow and mentor team members towards formal processes including:
Change management control
Incident management process
Development process (Kanban / Scrum)
– You will own vendor / supplier selection, due-diligence and testing.
– You will be expected to report on KPIs related to the infrastructure including adherence to SLAs and costs.
– Solid experience managing & deploying infrastructure.
– Up to date knowledge of industry best practise.
– Intermediate programming / scripting skills would be useful.
Expert knowledge of:
– Common devops tooling such as Puppet, Chef, Ruby, Bash, Powershell, Vagrant,
– CI and pipeline tools such as Jenkins, CloudFormation, Terraform.
– Containerisation such as Docker, Kubernetes and associated orchestration tooling.
– Amazon Web Services cloud environment and experience of others such as Google Cloud and Azure.
– Linux and the Linux eco-system.
– Good understanding of agile processes
– Good understanding of planning techniques
Salary up to £95,000