IT Business Analyst, Gateshead
We are very happy to be helping a successful, North East based business established for well over 30 years with their IT Business Analyst vacancy.
Joining their IT Team of analysts, developers and administrators the IT Business Analyst role requires an analyst with a ‘hands on’ approach to projects. You will be responsible for assessing the impact of change requests, identifying and documenting client requirements, producing functional specifications, designing and executing implementation plans and managing development tasks.
As a senior member of the IT team you will deputise for the IT Manager as-and-when required, supporting service delivery requests for all existing contracts. On a day-to-day basis you will carry out requirements gathering processes, provide design & consultancy to clients and internal departments. The role involves supporting the configuration and testing of systems for the delivery of contact centre, e-commerce fulfilment, multi-channel retail and distribution services.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Perform requirements gathering and analysis, producing requirements specifications, design and providing consultancy for both internal & client systems
– Provide detailed analyses of the benefits to be realised and improvements to be made through the delivery of the identified business requirements.
– Execute tasks such as the configuration and testing of application integration and ERP back-office systems.
– Liaise with and coordinate the activities of end users, suppliers and the internal IT Projects and Service Delivery teams.
– Support the pre-sales process with consultancy and feasibility studies
– Conduct detailed scoping sessions with clients and users to determine requirements
– Ensure that change control is managed effectively throughout the course of projects
– Work with developers & analysts to develop quality bespoke software solutions
– Provide technical and functional documentation for both existing and new systems
– Provide training materials and where necessary lead training in new systems and changes to existing applications
– Co-ordinate and manage project tasks with clients & internal resources
– Deputise for the IT Manager as-and-when required; in daily operations and supporting in service delivery for the business including management of an outsourced Infrastructure contract and any other tasks deemed necessary
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
– A solid background and experience in business analysis, system design, configuration and testing.
– Demonstrable experience in co-ordinating project tasks, working with stakeholders and third parties to deliver complex projects.
– Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects & change requests
– Experience of software development methodologies and industry best practice
– Experience with data & database analysis using SQL Server stack
– Knowledge and exposure to Microsoft development technologies such as C#.Net
– Experience of providing support and training for other team members
– Experience with application integration projects
Additionally, the following skills and experience are desirable:
– Analysis, implementation and testing of ERP systems
– Database development experience with Microsoft SQL server including data analysis, data warehousing, reporting services & BI
– Software development experience using C#.NET or other Microsoft development technologies
– Experience with Microsoft SharePoint configuration & deployment
– Experience of payment processing technologies and data security standards such as PCI-DSS or ISO 27001
– Experience of Infrastructure projects
– Degree in Business Computing or Equivalent
– Prince2 (Foundation / Practitioner)
– BCS-ISEB Business Analysis (Practice / Foundation / Diploma) · – ITIL (Foundation)