IT Support Engineer, Northumberland
Salary up to £30,000
Our client is a market leader in its field and has had remarkable success over the last few years. Due to their success they’re looking to recruit an additional head within their technical support function. This is such a good opportunity for someone looking for long term growth and progression, joining my client at a very exciting time. If you’re an experienced Technical Support candidate who is looking for a role that is both office and field based, then it’s worth getting in touch.
Duties will include:
– IT Helpdesk ensuring all incoming IT support calls are dealt with in a timely and effective manner in accordance to SLA’s.
– Ensure that all incoming IT support calls are recorded accurately.
– Prioritise outstanding IT support calls and schedule in order of priority.
– Analyse and resolve 1st and 2nd line support calls recorded using IT Helpdesk software. This could be over telephone or using remote support tools, updating the IT Helpdesk software as appropriate.
– Ensure all calls are escalated through agreed routes when resolution cannot be achieved by IT Helpdesk.
– Visits to client sites to implement IT solutions as well as hardware/ software installations, covering the UK although as the business continues to grow this could be further afield.
– Fully understand client requirements.
– Maintain strong customer relations.
– Promote good practice in the use of IT hardware and software.
– Provide advice and demonstrate use of software and hardware to end-users when required.
– Configuration of hardware/software systems within the IT workshop and customer premise.
– Support in-house systems and support colleagues with all IT related issues.
– Requirement to be involved in an on-call rota covering Mandata out-of-hours support.
– Perform occasional other tasks as and when requested to do so by the Head of IT.
– Experience with Windows Operating Systems – Servers & PC’s
– Remote Desktop
– Anti-virus software
– Routing & Firewalls
– Server & PC hardware
– Printers & Scanners
– Full Driving license
* You will be required to visit customers/prospects when required. In order to carry out these duties and when required overnight stays may be required.
Salary up to £30,000