Java Developer, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Over the last 20 years, our client has grown organically, becoming part of one of the largest global corporations three years ago and becoming one of the largest employers in the region.
As part of an on-going programme of business improvement and development to adapt to emerging technologies, they need to employ 2 experienced Java Developers.
As a Developer, you will be responsible for:
– Supporting the business with the development of new and existing platforms, in order to provide outstanding reliability, functionality and operational performance to internal and external customers. This requires working with existing systems, while also exploring and developing new opportunities in keeping with business strategy.
– Supporting the provision of essential operational support to the business on a rolling call out pattern, ensuring reliability targets are achieved and maintained across all operating systems.
– Proactively reviewing and identifying opportunities for improvement across all existing systems and operational practices in pursuit of standards of excellence.
– Working with customers (internally & externally) to effectively manage expectations, ensuring their needs are being satisfied. Attend project meetings as required and work with customers at their base operations.
– Developing effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders at levels in the business to ensure constructive communication is maintained at all times.
You must be able to travel to other sites across the UK to support a variety of projects when required.