Junior Developer / Software Support Analyst, Northumberland
Salary up to £25,000
Our client is a market leader in it’s field and has had remarkable success over the last few years. Due to their success they’re looking to recruit an additional head in their support team. This is such a good opportunity for someone looking for long term growth and progression, joining my client at a very exciting time.
This role is primarily to provide first and second line technical support to clients for existing desktop, website and mobile based software. In addition to providing technical support a degree of investigative programming will be involved to assist in the reproduction and resolution of reported issues. The successful candidate will act as a liaison between customers and the development team. You will manage the timely follow up to support issues and ensure customers are kept up to date with progress of longer running incidents. You will assist with the distribution and implementation of software releases and contribute to the establishment and application of standards. Assist with the writing and upkeep of help text/manuals by working with the development team. You will work closely with the development team to keep up to date with new functionality and also relate customer feedback and suggestions to the department head.
– Communicating clearly and professionally with internal and external customers.
– Keeping up to date with new developments in order to provide support to internal and external customers.
– Assisting with the implementation of new software systems at a customer’s site.
– Training where necessary.
– Write support texts when required.
– Developing programming skills with the aim of identifying and diagnosing issues.
– Assisting with the development team with programming support where applicable.
– An IT related Degree ideally, or equivalent experience
– Knowledge of programming procedures and programming languages (ideally SQL or Delphi)
– Willingness to gain new skills as and when the role demands.
– Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
– Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions.
– Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
The role is suitable for someone with a reasonable degree of technical ability. Some experience with SQL development would be ideal. That said, my client is certainly not looking for someone with full-blown programming skills – just an appreciation would be useful.
*The role will involve a lot of communication with customers so a good/patient telephone manner is essential*
Salary up to £25,000