Junior Software Test Analyst, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
My client has a rare opening for an IT graduate with testing experience to join their team at a critical point in their global expansion.
As a Junior Software Test Analyst you will be responsible for maintaining the high standards of existing functionality, while also ensuring that new functionality is delivered to specification with appropriate levels of quality.
For each product release, you will be required to write and execute test scripts to ensure the full test coverage of changes made against requirement. You will write clear and detailed bug reports, and if needed liaise with the developers on bug fixes. After each release, you will then write manual or automated tests to incorporate the features into the regression/release testing packs.
Skills and experience:
· Degree in IT
· Experience in a testing role
· Flexible with a strong attention to detail
· Ability to work on your own initiative
· Excellent communication skills
· A desire to learn new technologies
· Web automated testing (selenium cucumber, gherkin, selenium webdriver, selenium ide)
· iOS app automated testing (calabash cucumber, gherkin)
· Agile software development/testing (scrum, sprints)
· Software experience (jira, testuff)
· Basic programming experience