Learning and Development Talent Manager, Teesside
Salary circa £45,000 plus attractive benefits package
Are you passionate about developing people and hail from an engineering background? Then you will be interested in this fantastic opportunity. My client is a world leader in process measurement services and specialist instrumentation. Headquartered in Teesside, they employ around 400 people globally and are a division of a multinational conglomerate.
We are currently looking for a Learning and Development Talent Manager to join their business. Reporting to the Human Resources Director, you will be responsible for the global Technical Training offering. It will include the effective development, co-ordination and presentation of training and development programmes. You will be required to identify strategies and methods to effectively introduce training interventions to enhance employee performance and development.
As part of a successful and busy team, you will enjoy a forward-thinking culture, progressive environment, and modern and friendly office environment.
You will be responsible for Learning and Development globally, to ensure that all training programmes are linked to the skills required for the role and the current and future needs of the business.
In doing so the ideal candidate will identify, develop and implement training solutions and ensure all records of training are recorded to a Learning Management System. The post holder will support audits from external bodies and clients, work with all company stakeholders for learning and delivery to widen scope beyond Technical Training (e.g. leadership, soft skills, personal effectiveness training etc.).
The post holder will promote training and development of trainers within the business, while continuously evaluating and measuring the effectiveness of all training for both staff and clients.
Applications are welcomed from individuals who are educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or technical related subject, which has been supplemented with a formal training qualification or relevant industry / vocational training. Candidates will have demonstrable experience of manufacturing or engineering Industry and preferably have worked with Oil and Gas technology.
When demonstrating experience, applications will evidence:
– Experience in a Technical Training Management role with implementation and design experience, preferably in a technical environment;
– Knowledge of best practice training within a technical environment;
– Ability to assimilate complex information from varying sources;
– Ability to lead and motivate others to deliver against agreed objectives;
– Excellent planning, presentation, time and project management skills;
– A strategic, analytical, critical and creative approach to work;
– Experienced and effective user of (LMS) Learning Management System software;
– Flexibility to work across various disciplines and share ideas;
– Problem-solving, attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines;
– Competent use of MS Office and MS Project;
– Ability to coordinate and manage multiple work-related activities;
– Ability to meet project quality standards, within budget and agreed timescales;
– Work productively with Engineering teams to achieve project aims;
– Ability to travel and work internationally as required
In return candidates will enjoy an excellent salary and rewards package, working with market leading talent and technology, with superb career development opportunities.