Solutions are working on behalf of our client. An international group who manufacture within Tier 1 Automotive who are currently recruiting an experienced Logistics Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis at their site in Washington.
Supervision and development of the tasks specified in the Business Management System and in particular in the processes Programming, Delivery and Production.
- Programming: managing inwards receiving
- Delivery: coordinating the preparation and delivery of the product as per customer requirements
- Production: Coordinating the supply and removal of the stock to and from Production Lines.
Supervision of the shift by:
- Ensuring the Health and Safety of employees through adherence to standards and operating procedures
- Management of resource to complete daily job requirement in standard and overtime through a team of Lead Store Persons
- Drive a high housekeeping standard
- Identify and provide operator training
- Adhere to company policies and procedures relating to absence, discipline and grievance
- Investigation and countermeasure relating to Health and Safety and Delivery concerns
- Meet delivery targets to internal and external customers
- Participate in monitoring stock levels and in improving their accuracy
- Propose and implement efficiency and cost saving improvements
- Communication with contractors and customers
- Requisitions are raised for any relevant goods or services required in the daily running of the department
- Liaising with all departments and confirm that their needs are being met and discuss possible opportunities for improvement.
- Performing a leading role in company activities i.e. Safety teams, Work councils, Auditor, and try and maintain a good morale and positive attitude within the department.
- Attending meetings and support other departments and projects
- Supporting with overtime and be on call if required
- Highly motivated with a drive and commitment to succeed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- PC literate (Warehouse Management Systems, Microsoft Office)
- Fork Lift Licence
- Previous experience of using SAP
Shifts rotate on a 3 pattern basis as per below:
Days: 6am – 2pm
Nights: 10pm – 6am (35% shift premium)
Backs: 2pm – 10pm (20% shift premium)