Maintenance and Technical Supervisor
Solutions are working on behalf of our client, an international group who manufacture within Tier 1 Automotive who are actively looking for an experienced Technical Maintenance Supervisor to join them in a permanent role at their site in South Wales.
Effectively manage and co-ordinate maintenance in the plant ensuring the repair of plant and equipment to the highest standard within an extremely tight schedule, by effective planning and labour motivation. To contribute towards improvements in both efficiency and costs. Provide Technical Backup.
- To supervise, organise and co-ordinate all (Mechanical/Electrical) Maintenance personnel to include Health & Safety, work allocation and discipline.
- To plan and co-ordinate all repairs to plant and equipment, to include presses, cranes, conveyors, air services, lubrication systems, ancillary equipment, etc. Hot Stamp, Lasers, Robot cells, Paint Plant
- To organise work patterns, overtime, holiday coverage, etc. in line with Company requirements
- To monitor section Key Performance Indicators and provide information for Departmental reporting
- To support manufacturing with best in class technical knowledge of plant and equipment
- To provide accurate estimates of work repairs
- To promote improvement in people skills and environment
- To ensure all T.P.M. is up-to-date.
- To run the Company planned maintenance system
- Provide a logistical systematic approach to problem solving
- Liaise with supplier companies to ensure adequate supply of spare parts
- To enforce ‘best practice’ in Health & Safety on all aspects of day-to-day working.
- To ensure presses are fully insured at all times.
- To advise on best economical route for plant and equipment repair to include cost breakdown
- To promote and control best practice in house- keeping in all areas of the department.
- To repair plant and equipment to the highest standard within an extremely tight schedule, by effective planning and labour motivation.
- To continually assess ways of working in the maintenance areas to reduce accidents whilst promoting Health & Safety.
Qualifications and Experience necessary
- Educated to ONC/HNC level.
- To have served a recognised 4 year apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
- To possess significant experience in a similar role, preferably in a high volume tier 1 automotive environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety Regulations.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Good Communicator
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding manufacturing environment.
- Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
- To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
- Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.