We are looking to recruit a skilled management accountant to maintain the company’s financial records.
Working within this manufacturing company, the successful candidate will be based in the Teesside area and will contribute to the smooth running of the finance department.
Reporting directly to the senior management team, you will have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, as you will be responsible for recording all of the day-to-day financial transactions of this business. You will also keep the senior management team fully informed of the company’s financial position in order to assist with management decisions and drive the company forward.
As well as the accounting function, you will also be involved in general administration and office duties, as required, within this busy company.
You will have previous accountancy experience, with skills and expertise as follows:
- Accurately recording financial transactions
- Maintenance of sales ledger including dealing with sales invoicing, dealing with queries, providing copy documents and chasing payments
- Maintenance of purchase ledger, including coding invoices and entering into Sage, reconciling supplier statements and paying suppliers. Liaising with purchasing and production departments
- Reconciling company bank accounts
- Reconciliation of the company’s Invoice Finance account and liaising with the Invoice Finance company
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Cash flow management
- Running payroll for salaried employees, dealing with RTI reporting and auto enrolment requirements.
- Recording wage costs in the company’s accounting records.
- Reconciliation of all control accounts
- Filing of accounts documents
- Assisting with twice yearly stocktakes including producing sheets for the stocktake and reconciling and inputting of all data to enable the stock figure to be calculated
- Completing quarterly VAT Returns and EC Sales lists
- Production of month end reports
- Production of management accounts
It is likely the ideal candidate will:
- Be CIMA qualified and have relevant experience
- Have a good working knowledge of Sage 200 Software
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
- Have good time management and organisational skills
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Be able to work both individually and as part of a team