My client is a SME specialist engineering organisation with ambitious growth plans to double in size by 2022. Based from their Teesside HQ and reporting to the Head of Operations, my client seeks to appoint a Manufacturing Improvement Engineer.
The Manufacturing Improvement Engineer will assist in plant operations contributing towards improving manufacturing efficiencies by utilising continuous improvement techniques.
- Be an agent of change. Working with all levels within the organization, questioning the status quo and gaining buy in.
- Creating, managing and leading continuous improvement projects on existing processes and products, as well as future-proofing the business working with the new product development future, to ensure a right first time approach for all future processes and products.
- Apply lean manufacturing tools, methodology and metrics in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives both to existing and new product introductions.
- Manage a portfolio of projects directed at reducing waste and building quality requirements in to the processes.
- Train, coach and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements.
- Drive the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
To be considered for the role, it is essential that you possess demonstrable experience of continuous improvement coupled with strong mechanical engineering technical capabilities. You will ideally possess a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, although candidates who are time-served as a minimum coupled with a continued commitment to personal development will also be considered.
Key selection criteria:
- Mechanical engineering technical capability.
- Project Management
- Change management
- Positive and dynamic
- Organizational skills.
- Communication proficiency.
- Strategic thinking
- Hands on approach
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills