We are working in behalf of our client, manufacturing within Pharmaceuticals who are looking for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join them in a permanent vacancy at their site in Northumberland. This is a day shift role with core hours from 8am to 4pm. Overtime available.
Reporting into the Area Manager you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance work on site and for providing first hand technical diagnosis and correction of maintenance problems to maintain the assets and site in a safe and efficient operational condition.
• Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures
• Participate in HSE Audits
• As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner
• Carry out mechanical repairs, modifications, plant upgrades and installation.
• Carry out maintenance on Safety Instrumented Systems.
• Carry out problem solving and diagnostic checks on mechanical and process equipment recommending changes and improvements to the operational systems.
• Carryout electrical isolations and restorations of medium and low voltage electrical equipment.
• Carryout work which is outside core skill and in line with agreement in force relating to multi-skilling.
• Acceptance and handback of PTWs.
• Carry out work in compliance with cGMP standards.
• Requisition and collect stores materials as required.
• Conduct inspections and carry out preventative maintenance activity.
• Complete small projects as defined by area engineer.
• Develop maintenance procedures.
• Train apprentices, craftsmen and operators as required.
• Recognised craft apprenticeship in core discipline
• Ideally qualification minimum of ONC or equivalent
• Preferred experience in chemical industry
• Mature approach to work
• Good diagnostic skills
• Must have a working knowledge of DSEAR, and ATEX.
• Aware of maintenance requirements of Safety Instrumented Systems.