We are working on behalf of our client who provide first class general engineering support centred on Production Engineering, new product introduction, technology acquisition, process improvements and design and analysis support who are looking for an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Push process knowledge forward via focussed studies and a data driven/analysis approach.
2. Further extend the Company’s ability to provide suitable engineering solutions for exotic metals.
3. Provide technical lead/support on New Product Introduction and support the NPI Process. Ensure all customer technical requirements are incorporated into engineering documents and electronic data sets.
4. Provide technical lead/support for machine and process development projects
5. Lead mechanical design projects including:
a. Lead Process failure mode effects analysis (PFMEA), Primilinary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Project Management Review (PMR), & Technical Interchange Meeting (TIM) activities for assigned projects
b. Preparation of a technical requirements project plan to track tasks and project timeline
c. Preparation of all project bills of materials for parts and tooling
d. Preparation of all project methods masters
e. Preparation of all project manufacturing drawings
f. Preparation of work instructions when required
g. Preparation of subcontract statements of work when required
h. Preparation of inspection plans
i. Perform design analysis as required by the project requirements
j. Generate CAD models or derivations from customer supplied CAD models
6. Perform engineering analysis as required.
7. Work closely with customers technical representatives to develop solutions that can be manufactured by the company
8. Introduce new knowledge and capabilities to the company
9. Liaise with subcontractors for engineering services that are required
10. Lead project teams as required
11. Evaluate, research, and perform due diligence of new technology(s) under the direction of the team.
12. Visits to Customer Plants including preparation and presentation of technical data.
13. Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement activities on existing product lines.
1. To participate in the performance management system and maintain a personal development plan.
2. To ensure the confidentiality and security of all information processed during the course of employment in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and any subsequent legislative revisions and additions.
3. To be aware of personal responsibilities under Health and Safety regulations and attend appropriate training. To maintain Health and Safety focused projects.
4. To co-operate with risk assessments and ensure that risks are identified and reported as they arise and attend appropriate training.
5. To be aware of and adhere to policies and procedures applicable to the role.
6. To perform any reasonable duty which lies within the boundaries of your capability.
7. To comply with any and all reasonable requests made by management.
Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering
Five years post grad experience in a Project Engineering role.
Experience of engineering processes of metal forming and or fabrication and tight tolerance machining background is essential.
Would desire someone who also has experience working with high strength alloys that are used in the Aerospace industry.
Being from the Aerospace industry is not required, but desired.
Direct experience/knowledge of a variety of engineering processes
Experience of dealing with technical staff from strategic customers
Experience of heat treatments, metallurgy and NDT
Experience of Project Management
Able to build models using 3D CAD
Able to perform engineering design & analysis with respect to machine
components and tooling
Able to use normal suite of office software to an advanced level
Able to take theoretical/research level knowledge and apply it at a practical level
Able to take a customer project and take it from start to finish, meeting all customer requirements.
Able to lead a project team
Able to develop engineering trials utilizing a scientific approach and capture and disseminate learning.
Able to programme CNC machines using off-line programming software