Our client, A world leading Automotive Manufacturing group are currently looking for an experienced Mobile Plant Assessor to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will ensure all drivers on-site, are trained to the standards laid out in the Training Procedure as well as ensuring all records are current and driver standards across the site are maintained.
This role is combined to spend 70% of time to focus on training, assessment, driving improvement of all mobile equipment, representing the difficulties faced by drivers and other positive proactive activities to help increase the skills, experience and awareness of both existing and new drivers on site. The other 30% will be ensuring all of the documentation, and databases are kept up to date. As well as safeguarding high housekeeping standards and ensuring that Company procedures and Health & Safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- Required to create and deliver classroom based training and practical training for FLTs, Crane, MEWPs, Electric hand trucks, and H&S
- Ensure all drivers on-site are trained to the standards laid out in the Driver Training Procedure
- Ensure all drivers records are current and driver standards across the site are maintained
- Continuously maintain and improve driver standards across the site
- Carry out the Job Specific and Local Familiarisation Training for all new drivers
- Undertake all refresher training in line with the Company’s Driver Training Procedure
- Carry out investigations into all accidents involving mobile operations
- Monitoring driver standards across the site, taking the appropriate action to ensure the highest standards are maintained
- Ensure all drivers are provided with timely medicals thus ensuring all drivers are medically fit to drive
- Reporting & action on mobile vehicle incidents and escalation to the relevant parties as necessary, and liaise with relevant departments to ensure prompt resolution of all issues.
- Liaise with the mobile providers to ensure prompt resolution of all maintenance issues.
- Subsequent to completing suitable training, carry out site specific training of all new drivers across the site
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- Will be trained as an RTITB accredited instructor
- Will have clean driving record
- Be qualified as a Fork Lift, Crane, MEWPs trainer
- Pro-active attitude to Health and Safety Issues
- Possess and understanding of 5S and continuous improvement methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- Show initiative to recognise emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions using methods such as systems thinking.
- Possess a good timekeeping and attendance record
- Able to achieve results by adhering to high standards and objectives to achieve quality, cost effective results within required time frames in a high volume environment.
- Build effective relationships with work colleagues by demonstrating good participation as a team member, effective contributor and an awareness of other people and their impact on them.
- Able to drive and embrace change by demonstrating a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances particularly with regard to Lean manufacturing methodology
- To be able to express ideas or facts clearly and convince others through excellent listening and persuasive communication with a resilient and flexible approach.
- Be able to convey information in a way that allows easy understanding by the audience and correctly interprets communication from others.
- Shows the ability to gather information and analyse problems and risk to establish logical practical solutions. Is able to plan and manage resources to achieve objectives and priorities despite conflicting agendas and multiple deliverables.
- Is committed to ensuring that health and safety is of paramount importance that that all employees have the right to come to work and not be injured or adversely affected by it and sets examples in adhering to health and safety rules.
- Proactively seeks to take responsibility for their own development without reliance upon others with regard to the knowledge required to perform fully and well.
- Monday-Thursday 8am-4:30pm.
- Friday 8am-1:30pm.
- Some degree of flexible working to suit business needs.
- Ability to work weekends when required.