We are working on behalf of an International Group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are on the look out for experienced and time served Multi Skilled Maintenance Technicians to join them on a permanent basis.
To maintain and improve equipment efficiency within a complex multi-disciplined and automated environment.
- Carryout fault finding activities and undertake timely repair of equipment in the following areas; Robotics, PLC’s, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance activities on automated production facilities.
- Programming, fault diagnosis, servicing and repair of ABB robots, rotary positioners and mig & spot welding equipment.
- Prepare technical reports to analyse breakdown causes and make recommendations on countermeasures.
- Support equipment commissioning and installation projects.
- Ensure strict adherence to safe working practices and observe safety rules at all times.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- Have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship within a similar environment.
- Educated to at least ONC level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline, preferably on a multi skilled basis.
- Have multi-skilled maintenance experience with automated facilities with specific experience in PLC fault finding and/or programming.
- Have experience in welding technology and if possible the maintenance of welding equipment.
- Able to produce technical reports.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- Highly organised with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritise workload.
- Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills, open to change and have a can-do approach.
- Must be able to establish clear objectives and be result focused.
- To have good working knowledge of maintenance systems.
- To understand TPM and PPM processes.
- Flexible, team orientated and self-motivated approach to work.
- 3 shift pattern.
- Overtime and weekend working when required.