Solutions Recruitment is currently looking for an NDT Technician with a Level 2 in Ultrasonic Testing.
It will be rotational shifts – 6am till 2pm / 8am till 5pm.
- To carry out NDT inspections using Ultrasonic Testing (UT) Forgings, Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) both black ink and fluorescent, and Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI) both visual and fluorescent
- Carry out all daily checks in accordance with specifications: o Complete UT equipment daily checks in accordance with SOP4, logging results on SF057 and SF058 (Company internal procedures) o DPI and MPI checks in accordance with relevant specifications before carrying out inspection i.e.
- Report all defective component’s firstly to NDT Supervisor for assessment, if considered defective create report to submit to Test House Manager and Quality
- Raise NDT certificate for jobs that requires certification according to specific technique or relevant specification (Customer and International) on system file
- Assist in creating NDT procedures to customer /international specifications
- Report any NDT related issues with route cards to NDT supervisor or test house manager Report any surface cracking/forge defects that can be removed by light dressing on QPN form and contact the relevant department supervisor
- PCN Level II in UT forgings, MPI and DPI
- Previous experience in Forge environment advantageous (Training will be given to obtain further subject qualifications if necessary)
For more information on the role of NDT Technician, please phone Solutions Birmingham or click the button.