We are working on behalf of our client who work within Tier 1 Automotive. They are currently on the look our for an experienced NPI Quality Engineer to join them at their site in the North East.
The post holder will support the delivery of required targets of the New Product Launch activities by providing quality engineering support to the site. Ensure that the adherence to Safety, Legal and Customer Specific Requirement are met during the development phases. The post holder will contribute to the implementation and continued development of the Quality Plans during the development and introduction of New Projects through Prototyping and pre-production builds whilst providing ongoing support during Program Launch to the operational teams. Reporting directly to the NPI Quality manager, this is a highly relationship driven role with a high level of engagement involving liaising with customers and suppliers; plus internal stakeholder management.
- To provide strong leadership and to develop a culture of defect prevention and waste elimination.
- To develop and maintain world-class levels of Quality Engineering in all manufacturing processes.
- To act as the Company representative to ensure during Product development adherence to Safety, Legal and Customer Specific Requirements.
- Ensure compliance to existing company Systems and Procedures to support TS16949.
- To lead cross functional team projects and activities, especially those targeted on zero defect prevention to target and achieve excellent levels of First-Time-Through, scrap and rework.
- To develop and maintain Quality Plans for all project phases through to series production and ensure Lessons Learnt have been incorporated.
- Provide directional guidance during Design, DFM, PFMEA and Control Plan reviews.
- Ensure that all the requirements of APQP and PPAP are documented, maintained, reviewed and meet Customer expectations.
- Manage and assist in concern investigation, countermeasure implementation and countermeasure confirmation audits during development, build phases and into series production.
- When required, assist Purchasing with supplier APQP processes including supplier site visits and audits to establish Quality requirements of external suppliers.
- Provide relevant quality data to New projects / Manufacturing team members.
- Compilation of Customer / Initial Sample inspection report documentation to support pre-production builds
- Compilation of Customer Build Appraisal to assist operational teams.
- Manage and deliver a seamless handover of Projects to the Operational team.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
These should include:
- To be educated to ONC or HNC in a related Quality or Engineering discipline.
- To be able to demonstrate experience in a similar high volume Customer facing Projects Quality Planning and Engineering role.
- Previous experience within the automotive industry with good working knowledge of TS16949 as well as focused on achieving the quality policy and quality objectives to meet customer requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Systems, Customer Specific requirements and Customer APQP/PPAP Requirements.
- Proficiency in all MS Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint.
- Good interpersonal and organisation skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Experienced in automotive industry standards, procedures and practices.
- To provide a highly professional approach; building positive relationships with colleagues and Customers, looking for opportunities to add value to the internal customer.
- To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
- To contribute innovative ideas that enhances work practices; is receptive to new ideas and participates in the implementation of change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills, with analytical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to stay calm and collected under pressure.
- Experience in using Quality tools and techniques such as, 8D analysis, Poka Yoke etc.
- Experience desirable
- This post requires a person with self motivation, strong character, imagination and drive. You must be someone who has at least 5 years experience in a similar projects quality role and be keen to take on a challenging role. Preferably either be time-served or have had substantial hands-on experience in similar projects / manufacturing environment.
Based in North East but will be required to travel intermittently to other UK sites; driving licence preferred
38 hours basic. Monday – Friday. Variable Hours.