We are working on behalf of our client, an international group who manufacture within Tier 1 Automotive and are looking for an experienced NPI Tooling Engineer to join them at their site in the West Midlands.
Reporting in to the Senior Tooling Engineer you will be required to Support the development, procurement and introduction of new tooling into the West Midlands site, also supporting Customer Engineering Change Requests, cost down improvements & existing Tooling issues within Plant when required.
- Lead New Tooling procurement
- Review and complete component feasibility with regards to tooling processes
- ‘A’ Layout reviews
- Tooling design reviews
- Lead tool design approval
- Ensure company tooling standards are adhered to
- Component buy-off at tool makers
- Communication and Presentations, directly with Customers and internal
- Tooling supplier monitoring and liaison
- Reporting tooling & project status
- Conduct TB01 and TB02 tooling buy off activity
- Support introduction of new tooling into Plant/Production, In Plant support when required
- Identify and schedule improvement opportunities
- Escalate issues that could potentially undermine the program
- HNC / Degree in Manufacturing or Engineering
- Engineering Apprenticeship as a Toolmaker or equivalent
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
- Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership.
- Customer Liason
- Presswork / Tooling / Toolroom
- NPI Projects for OEMS
- BIW / Chassis / Structural Pannels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to lead cross functional team members.