We are working on behalf of our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive who are currently looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join them in a permanent vacancy at their site in the North East. Reporting in to the Quality Manager you will be responsible for Product Conformance Technicians and Quality Technicians on site and maintaining and developing of the Quality Plan during series production, whilst providing ongoing quality support for the manufacturing activities and maintaining a high degree of customer liaison. Key Tasks/Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain quality documentation and controls.
- Compile and submit Customer specific documentation.
- To be a capable user of core quality tools & techniques and their application, typically: SPC, Ishikawa, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams, Stratification etc
- Support the Internal manufacturing teams with regard to the timely resolution of Customer and Internal quality concerns.
- Support the NPI teams during the development of Controls Plans, PFMEA, Gauge Planning etc. and highlight potential failure modes ref Lessons Learnt.
- Support the Internal Audit team by performing various Internal Audits.
- Pro-actively visit customer / supplier locations to resolve customer concerns and maintain high levels of customer liaison.
- Understanding and utilisation of Automotive Core tools such as APQP, PPAP, PFMEA processes.
- Champion to promote compliance to company systems, procedures and control plan requirements.
- Provide and communicate Quality / process data to the Manufacturing Teams and facilitate actions to improve.
- Provide appropriate training for Product Conformance Technicians / Quality Technicians.
- Manage the activities of Product Conformance Technicians / Quality Technicians on a day-to-day basis.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
- Strong understanding of OEM Customer Specific Requirements
- A good working knowledge of metal forming and fabrication processes.
- A good knowledge of OEM Customer Quality Systems.
- Appropriate experience within an Automotive 1st Tier Supplier Quality Engineering role.
- An appropriate qualification in Mechanical / Production Engineering (e.g. Degree or HNC)
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and SAP working knowledge, together with good verbal and numerical aptitude.
- An appropriate professional qualification such as Member of the Institute of Quality Assurance.
- Ability to plan and manage resources to achieve objectives and priorities despite conflicting agendas and multiple deliveries.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate a small team of people.
- The ability to lead cross functional team members.
- Confident presentation skills to promote ideas to the team and motivate them to achieve results.
- Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
- A proven background of leadership abilities combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills Hours/Shifts 38 hours per week, UK and International travel occasionally as and when required.