We are currently recruiting for a Paralegal to join a leading national law firm in their Manchester offices, working within their Secured Litigation team.
This is a varied role, and we are looking to speak to enthusiastic individuals who have experience in a similar position working towards fee earning targets, preferably within litigation, and are comfortable managing their own caseload. We want to hear from people who enjoy working in a busy environment, and can be flexible to adapt to a changing workload. You will have ambition, sound judgement, excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, and strong client care skills are a must.
The successful applicant will be providing technical and practical support in dealing with debt recovery and litigation actions, together with maximising the rehabilitation of mortgage accounts and collection of overdue debt. You will provide a professional and informative primary point of contact for all customers, clients and third parties, whilst maintain the highest level of customer service. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Dealing with all aspects of a litigation focused debt recovery process, including rehabilitation on behalf of clients in a mortgage repossession environment.
- Ensuring assigned caseload is managed effectively and in line with client service levels, court processes and internal expectations.
- Processing inbound calls and assisting customers with overdue accounts to negotiate prompt payment and rehabilitate accounts within defined timescales.
- Recording all customer contact accurately on the collections system and updating client systems where appropriate.
- Answering client queries and providing status updates/advice in a professional and efficient manner, both via email communication and verbally via the telephone.
- Compiling witness statements or completion of court documentation as required as part of the recovery process.
- Providing assistance to other colleagues within the department as and when required.
- Ensuring all work undertaken is in line with internal and client service level agreements.
- Liaising with external third party companies, agents or other representing parties as required.
- Treating all customers fairly and professionally, and acting within legislation, compliance and codes of practice.
- Accepting and requesting guidance tuition and training on the methodology of work, utilisation of computer systems and other assistance at work.
- Carrying out all of the above with the view to the provision of high quality legal services, and the achieving of high profitability within the firm.