Our client, an international group manufacturing within Tier 1 Automotive are on the lookout for an experienced payroll officer to join them at their site in South Wales.
This is a permanent vacancy and the successful candidate will be responsible for preparation and processing of site payroll and required to carry out payroll preparation and processing activities from hours collection, Gross to net processing and associated month end/year end activities for up to 600 employees.
• Set up, manage, maintain and use an automated timekeeping and attendance system (Crown) to collect clocking data, apply payment rules and provide data reports for payroll processing.
• Interpret payment rules for premium payments such as shift, overtime, call-out etc., and administer them within time and pay systems.
• Undertake the payroll processing procedures to take T & A data into payroll and calculate Gross to Net payments in line with HMRC requirements
• Undertake payroll balancing activities and prepare payroll finance report for Accounts.
• In collaboration with Financial controller, operate BACs payments systems for physical payment of wages and salaries.
• Deduct and pay all deductions from earnings to relevant stakeholders to include tax, NI, court orders, pension, child-care vouchers, union contributions etc.,
• Administration of group personal pension scheme/auto enrolment.
• Make payments and reconcile all documentation to the online pension provider.
• Undertake month –end and year end activities to include, RTI submissions, P60 and P11d preparation distribution.
• Maintenance of PAYE settlement agreements and HMRC exemptions.
• Produce and upload payroll reports into SAP HR and undertake monthly reporting activities for Group.
• Develop and deliver training programmes for T&A users and payroll processes.
• To carry out any other duties, relevant to the post which may arise thus ensuring a comprehensive and flexible service to the business and the department.
• To actively support the planning and administration of Payroll improvement projects working with stakeholders from different level and functions within the business.
• A significant earlier requirement of this job is to manage and administer a move from a weekly payment frequency to a monthly payment frequency
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary
• Significant experience of running large multi-rate, multi-payment rule payrolls.
• Experience of working in a payroll function in a high volume manufacturing environment.
• .To hold a minimum of Part One CIPP qualification or equivalent
• Sound knowledge of PAYE, RTI, Statutory payments, salary sacrifice, pensions auto enrolment and employee benefits in kind.
• Experience of working with Payrite & Ernie IQ systems (desirable).
• Experience of T&A Systems, preferably Crown.
• Computer literate, with strong IT skills especially in Microsoft Excel to include Lookup and pivot tables.
• Experience of working on both weekly and monthly payrolls.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable
• High level of drive and enthusiasm to set and meet challenging deadline
• Good organisation and planning skills.
• Problems solving ability
• Clear communication skills with a range of mediums
• Flexible approach to working hours, some inter-site travel may be required on occasion, though this would be minimal.
• Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with high volumes of work.
39 hours, 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 1pm Friday.