As the Port & Logistics Project Manager, you will form part of the interface between the Director, Project Manager, Site Supervisors and Workforce ensuring compliance with the Group’s integrated management systems and procedures at all times.
· Ensure all costs in relevant projects are kept under control and in line with budget/targets and the Company Cost and Valuation reporting procedure.
· Produce the works programme and effectively maintain and manage any changes.
· Implement sub-contractors into the works programme, ensuring that costs are maintained and controlled in line with budgets.
· Interface with purchasing department through Company procedures, to ensure the needs of the site is delivered in a timely manner.
· Maximise the effectiveness and utilisation of resources and plant on site.
· Ensure the environmental and safety performance, accident record and any significant event affecting or arising from any activity is recorded.
· Carry out and ensure that detailed method statements and risk assessments are in place and implemented prior to any task or work activity commencing and that a safe system of work is in operation at all times.
· Liaise with the QHSSE and HR Departments for training or occupational health surveillance requirements prior to operatives commencing on site and to maintain validity of training and certification.
· Ensure hazard identification assessments are carried out, prior to any works commencing, all hazardous to be removed were possible and that the necessary precautions are taken at all times, the relevant COSHH information is maintained and communicated to all operatives under your control.
· Ensure statutory tests and examinations have been carried out on plant and equipment including all lifting equipment as per LOLER regulations, and that up to date certification and registers are available.
· Ensure that all lifting operations have a Lift Plan.
· Ensure the necessary plant, equipment and tools, are in a safe condition and that safe access to and egress from places of work are always maintained.
· Inform Principal Designer of any revision or amendments to the plan via the management of change procedure.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Must have evidenced technical qualifications applicable to projects management.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
Port and Logistics or SPMT / Heavy Lift experience is desirable but not essential.
Must have excellent communication skills and be competent in Microsoft Office.
Suitable experience in developing programmes under Project, FastTrack or similar.